Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Grad Season!

'Tis the season to honor graduates, so I made several graduation cards, all in their school colors! All the high school graduates in our youth group were girls, so I got to make a more girly card, instead of a more generic one. I've been wanting to use this Stampendous! Agapanthus Cluster stamp, so the grads gave me the opportunity to use it a bunch!


Aside from the Agapanthus stamp and the Cuttlebug embossing folder, all supplies are from Stampin' Up!


For the background pattern, I "Cuttlebugged" some brushed silver and gold CS, punched the panels with the ticket corner punch, and adhered the panel to the colored CS base (in this case, Brilliant Blue and Bravo Burgundy). Stamped the agapanthus and "rivet" in the card base color, distressed the flower panel with my distressing tool, then DTP'd the edges of the images with the appropriate Encore! metallic color (silver or gold). I then backed the images with CS and mounted the flower panel on the card. I made a slit in the card's fold for the grosgrain ribbon, then wrapped teh ribon around the card front and tied it in a square knot. Attached the rivet over the ribbon's knot with Dimensionals, allowing the ribbon ends to hang out of the center hole and then trimmed them to length.


Here is a closer view of one of the cards:


The following photo is the inside of the card... Guess I got carried away with the innards! LOL! Actually, I needed to add more sentiments and a short note to each of the grads, so this layout enabled me to do just that. Again, I used the ticket corner punch and DTP to add depth and personality.


So, that is my foray into the world of graduation cards this year! Fun stuff!!!


2 comments:

Katie! said...

SO AWESOME! I love the inside and outside!
Katie

Anonymous said...

These are lovely cards. Hope the recipients are aware of the love and time that went into making these cards. TFS.