Saturday, June 2, 2007

Enchanting Fresh Bloom!


This Fresh Bloom stamp by Stampendous has me enthralled! Its simple beauty just screams, "Stamp with me! I'm FUN!!!" And, indeed, it is! Thanks, Daisy, for enabling my habit with your wonderful products!!! (This stamp is carried by Daisy & Joy in their online store, eP -- see previous post for link.)

So, I made some very-belated birthday cards with it (inspired by Julie HRR many weeks ago!) that should have been sent LOOOOOOONG ago! Didn't take too long, either, amazingly enough!!! (LOL!!! Did you know I get "paralyzed by perfection" all the time?!?) But, when I determine that SIMPLE is the key word, I don't get sidetracked by labor-intensive techniques that add a bunch of time to the project! LOL!


At any rate, here is the finished product -- two 4"x4" cards, using the Enchante' papers and coordinating card stock from Stampin' Up! Here are the deets...

For this card, I made a 3.75"x 3.75" card from one of the Enchante' papers, then backed it with a black 4"x4" square. I stamped the bloom off-center, then added the sentiment from the It's Your Birthday set (SU!). Feeling a need for embellishment, I added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the bloom center and stamens. Topped it off with a black organdy ribbon and, viola'! The card was complete! This card was created using the reverse side of the designer paper (DP) used above -- don't you think this fresh and youthful side is more appropriate for a 12-year-old girl?!? So fun! The bloom was stamped onto a piece of 3.75"x4.75" acetate with Staz-On ink. Once the ink was dry, Dazzling Diamonds glitter was adhered to the back side of the bloom with my 2-way glue (every girl likes glitter, right?!? LOL!). The extra inch of acetate was folded over (after scoring) so it could be attached to the back of the DP. The sentiment was stamped onto the reverse side of a scrap of the same DP, then trimmed to fit and attached to the DP card. The flourishes (from SU!'s Carte Postale set) were stamped onto the DP, eye-balling placement around the bloom. I should have used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig for better placement, but I was in a hurry! LOL! The finishing touch was to attach the bottom of the acetate to the DP card with SU!'s Vintage brads in silver. A sweet card, don't you think? I hope she likes it!