Friday, June 29, 2007

Carte Post-It!

I was sooooooooooooooooo happy to learn that Carte Postale made it into the new (Fall/Winter 2007) Stampin' Up! catalog!!! It is one of my very favorite sets from last year's mini-catties! So, I hastened to put together this FUN project! It just took me a while to get it posted! LOL!

I realize the Enchante' papers are retired, BUT the same design is available in NEW COLORS in the new catty!!! How fun!

This is a Post-It note holder, made with the heavy-weight coasters, Bind-It-All, and binding wires I got at eclectic Paperie (eP). Daisy and Joy are AWESOME to work with!!! So is the Bind-It-All! It can punch thru this heavy coaster with no trouble whatsoever!!! I did discover, however, that a heavy-weight coaster + designer paper (on both sides of the coaster) + card stock + twill tape makes it all a little too thick to place into the punching slot... So I don't think I'll put twill tape there next time! LOL!!! I ended up using my 1/4" circle hand punch to make the holes where the twill tape was.

This is the inside of the post-it holder. I used the other side of the paper that I had adhered to the outsides of the covers. Crystal Effects makes a GREAT glue for this. After adhering the papers, I sanded the coaster edges, punched the spine, and started embellishing with ribbon (twill tape & Ribbon Originals - Prep School - celery) and card stock. Tab was created with SU!'s tab punch. Layered medallion was stamped in Perfect Plum and colored with Watercolor Crayons and markers.

Once the ribbons were on, I bound the coasters together with the binding wires.


Then came the MOST FUN part! I LOVE making little 3-D embellishments! The larger flower was created by cutting a flower out of one of the Enchante' papers, adding the central flower and a black Vintage mini-brad, and shaping the petals. The smaller flowers were made by cutting out the flower from the medallion stamp in Carte Postale, after stamping it on different Enchante' papers and shaping the petals. The two flowers on the right also have the smaller, central flower, cut from paper in another shade or tint of the plum. Add a black Vintage mini-brad to the centers and you are done!

The leaves are simply the central flower stamped on celery DP and cut in half. I made the little bud with 1/2 of a plum flower and 1/3 of a celery flower. Roll the three plum petals into a cone shape and adhere the overlapping sides. Roll the two celery petals into a cone and adhere to the outside of the plum bud. Adhere to cover as desired. That's it!

2 comments:

Katie! said...

This turned out really really really great! I love it! Very nice colors and the flowers are incredible! I am happy this set made it into the current catty too!
Katie!

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful set!! I just found this website after receiving my eclecticpaperie newsletter. Wow!! Your work is fabulous!