Sunday, May 13, 2007

Easy Ruby!

I'm finally getting around to posting some paper-crafting things here and I'm very excited to share them with you! This starting piece was a VERY easy card I made for a friend's birthday, using the Stella Ruby papers by Basic Grey (got them from http://www.eclecticpaperie.com/index.html) -- luscious stuff, that really should be the spotlight of the card! So, that is how it was designed.



















The top-fold card base is Pretty in Pink card stock from Stampin' Up! and so is the pink strip backing the second Stella Ruby paper (the stripe), which I cut with scallop scissors on both sides for a fun trim! After mounting the stripey strip (technical term! LOL!!!), I made a slit in the top of the card for the Cranberry Stitched ribbon (also SU!), then tied on the SU! Hodgepodge Hardware frame, which has the greeting stamped onto So Saffron CS and attached with mini-pop dots. I finished off the other side of the frame with a matching mini-brad.

The only stamping was the greeting and I didn't use any additional techniques on this card, such as DTP... So quick and easy, but elegant enough to be a Mother's Day card as well! Hope you like it...


M.

No comments: